Official Guide: New Edition: ‘Walking Cheshire’s Sandstone Trail’
The official guide to the best middle-distance walk in Northwest England
This new edition of the official, comprehensive, in-depth, full colour guide book to the Sandstone Trail is the perfect companion for weekend strollers and dedicated long-distance walkers alike. Everything you need to walk and enjoy the Sandstone Trail is here.
- Full colour throughout
- Matt laminated, half-flapped cover
- 128 pages
- Size 115mm x 190 mm (slightly smaller than an OS map)
- Large-scale Ordnance Survey mapping throughout
- Lavishly illustrated throughout with colour and archive photographs
- ISBN 978-1-908632-33-3
New Edition Available Now.
To complete your purchase, please click on the ‘Shopping Cart’ on the right hand side.
The official guide to Cheshire’s Sandstone Trail – probably the most popular middle-distance walk in Northwest England. The Trail runs for 55 kilometres/34 miles along Cheshire’s beautiful and varied central sandstone ridge between Frodsham, on the Mersey Estuary in the north, and Whitchurch, just over the border in Shropshire, in the south.
Compiled and tested by seasoned walkers and local experts, this comprehensive, full colour guide is the perfect companion for weekend strollers and dedicated long-distance walkers alike. Everything you need is here:
- Clear, easy-to-follow route descriptions
- Detailed, large-scale Ordnance Survey maps of the whole Trail
- Fascinating explanations of the Trail’s geology, history, landscapes, culture and wildlife
- What to look out for along the way - from castles and caves, to panoramic views and wildlife
- Over 200 stunning modern and archive photographs
- The Best of Cheshire
- Where is the Sandstone Trail?
- Walking Cheshire’s Sandstone Trail
- Making Sense of the Sandstone Trail
- Route Directions, Points of Interest, Nature Notes
- Frodsham to Manley Common
- Manley Common to Gresty’s Waste
- Gresty’s Waste to Tarporley
- Tarporley to Burwardsley
- Burwardsley to Larkton Hall
- Larkton Hall to Willeymoor Lock
- Willeymoor Lock to Whitchurch
“At last, here’s a clear and well-written guide for walkers on Cheshire’s Sandstone Trail. With clear route descriptions—in both directions—large scale Ordnance Survey maps, superb photography, and fascinating historical and wildlife notes, it contains everything you need. I recommend it.”
— John Street, Sandstone Trail Ranger
“In this excellent new and informative guide, the author uses his considerable skills to bring Cheshire’s Sandstone Trail to life. This is the book for you!”
— Paul Lawrence, Long Distance Walkers Association
“This book is a real treat—and a mine of information—that brings a new dimension to the walking experience. The Nature Notes are a special delight. Don’t walk the Sandstone Trail without this book in your pocket!”
- Carole Bentley, Cheshire Wildlife Trust
New Edition Available Now.
For wholesale and bulk orders, with generous discounts, call the sales department on 01928 723744.